Thursday 2 June 2011

MIX Makeup - Final Project

My final year project was a concept called MIX Makeup which is a makeup range for women of colour. From initial research into the Makeup industry I noticed a gap in the market of makeup which is available for women of colour. Speaking to consumers through focus groups and questionnaires this was confimed, so I went about launching a brand.

My interest in makeup came from my placement at Ruby and Millie in London, I find makeup is a great accessory and can totally change an outfit or look.

Analysing the society today was crucial in understanding what consumers want, as a lot of people have less disposable income due to the recession the brand would be launched on the High Street in competition with brands such as Rimmel.

I found this project very enjoyable to do and have learnt alot of skills from it such as costings and what makeup ingredients are needed to suit Women of Colour well.

How MIX will look instore.

The logo inspired by a makeup Palette.

Packaging for the brand which will be recyclable.




The range of makeup specially selected to suit women of colour.

Promotion Example.

No comments:

Post a Comment